Call us today for $25 Off our home inspection services! 267-538-2292
The electricity in your home runs silently behind the scenes providing you with all the creature comforts you know and love. But did you know that electrical problems are the single largest cause of home fires in the United States? When your electrical system is working well, you don’t even think about it, but, when it’s not, you could lose everything.
Electrical inspections from Eagle Inspections are designed to prevent these risks and keep homeowners safe. During an inspection, your entire electrical system is inspected to ensure that all the components meet legal safety standards set forth by the National Electrical Code (NEC).
When Should You Get an Electrical Inspection?
A number of different circumstances call for a professional electrical inspection, including the following:
All new construction requires a thorough, comprehensive electrical inspection.
If you’ve done any remodeling or added any large appliances, an electrical inspection is a must.
If your home is older than 25 years, it’s time for an electrical inspection. Many older homes show signs of wear to the electrical system. If you’re experiencing regular power outages and circuit trips, it’s past time to get your electrical system inspected.
Before Buying a Home
The electrical system is one of your new home’s largest and most hazardous systems. Getting a thorough electrical system inspection will alert you to any problems and forewarn you of any expensive repairs or upgrades that may be required. At a minimum, the inspector should examine the wiring and the electrical panel and test all the outlets, alarms, and ground fault circuit interrupters.
What Can You Expect from an Electrical Inspection?
A thorough electrical inspection will cover all the elements of the electrical system, including the following:
- Switches and wall outlets are examined for damage and tested for proper function.
- Arc fault circuit interrupters (AFCIs) are examined and tested
- Grounding systems are tested
- Surge protection is tested
- Electrical panels are examined for correct labels, amps, and operation
- Outdoor electrical systems are tested
- Exposed wiring is identified and corrected
- Double tapped circuit breakers are identified and corrected
- Reversed polarity ground slots are corrected
- Aluminum wiring is removed and replaced
- GFCI protection is tested and put in place where missing
Call Eagle Inspections Today
Have your electrical system inspected by Eagle Inspections today. We provide affordable, reliable, and fast electrical inspections. We’ll give you an honest assessment of any areas that need immediate attention and our recommendations for improvements and upgrades. Call us today!